Palliative Community Resources focuses on quality of life and offers a holistic approach to caring for patients living with a serious illness. Volunteers across Arkansas log nearly 1,000 hours each month providing companionship, comfort, and support to patients. We provide comfort and support to help bridge the gap for isolated patients.
Volunteers have a genuine desire to make a profound difference in the lives of others. Our volunteers are truly compassionate people that say volunteering in this way gives them a deeper appreciation and satisfaction for life.
Palliative Community Resources provides many avenues for volunteers to join the professional, clinical and administrative office teams.
We encourage anyone who has a heart for volunteering to lend their time and talents as their heart leads them. Examples of current volunteer activities include:
- Preparing gifts and recognition items to encourage patients and their families
- Baking cookies, snacks, food, necessities and preparing deliveries
- Organizing and keeping food pantry inventories
- Packaging patient information packets
- Seasonal window decorating for holidays and other projects
- Companionship support (telephone calls, composing notes, and cards)
- Mowing patient lawns
Call (501) 321-4014 to inquire about volunteering with Palliative Community Resources.