Palliative Community Resources Milestones
- Completed market assessment to determine need for Palliative Services.
- Piloted our Palliative House Call program.
- Created Goals of Care Credentialing program to align patient/family and team perspective.
- Added 7 new Nurse Practitioners and offered Palliative Services across Arkansas and Mississippi.
- Integrated after hours support by our 24/7 nurse led Clinical Response Center
- Developed practice partnerships with Community Care providers.
- Initiated Holistic Care approach by adding Interdisciplinary resources.
- Initiated weekly Interdisciplinary Care Conferences.
Patients that decline and are eligible for higher levels of in-home support are referred on. Patients who remain appropriate for in home symptom management continue to have regular House Calls from the Palliative Team.
Every 3 months we measure the discharges from our programs. Our most recent quarterly results include:
- 16% - Getting better. Return to primary care. (65 patients)
- 56% - Stay about the same. Remain on Palliative Services. (222 patients)
- 24% - Declining. Electing Hospice Care. (97 patients)
- 4% - Died on Palliative Care, did not elect Hospice (17 patients)
- 0% - Hospital admission or readmission.